About Me

Who is Joel Austell? I was born in 1979 at 10:30 PM with a camera around my neck. Okay, I made that last part up. The truth is, I picked up the camera when I was 9 years old. The first picture I took was of an elephant at the San Diego Zoo. It didn't win any awards but I was hooked. As a teenager I spent all my free time skateboarding. When I wasn't landing tricks I was behind a camera capturing images of my friends trying tricks or taking nasty spills. What do I do for fun these days? I take pictures, of course. My wife is also passionate about photography and we spend many of our date nights looking for new and totally awesome places to take photographs. We never leave our cameras behind. I consider myself incredibly lucky because I am able to do what I love everyday. I never wake up and wish I didn't have to go to work. I love working with people and consider everyone I work with a friend. I owe all my success to God and thank him daily for all my blessings! I am living life and loving it with my beautiful wife and kids by my side. Life is good!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dana Point Ritz Carlton- Audrey + Mike

I recently had the opportunity to second shoot for another photographer, Becker. Becker's work is know around the globe and he has influenced and mentored many great photographers. I have been studying Becker's work from the time I started photographing weddings about 7 years ago. I had a great time second shooting, because it gives me a chance to shoot without the stress of being the lead photographer. Also it allows me to try new angels or ways of shooting before I try it on one of my own weddings. I was able to shoot with Becker because I am a member of his social networking group, thebschool.com; it is kinda like facebook for photographers.
Audrey and Mike's wedding was at the beautiful Ritz Carlton in Dana Point. Being a wedding photographer there is nothing better to photograph a amazing couple at an amazing location with amazing details. Details Details produced and coordinated the event. The floral design was provided by the Enchanted Florist.  My good friend Curtis from Living Cinema is creating their wedding film.  Last but not least they had an amazing dj, Jeff from Moon Dance.  It was fantastic working with old and new friends.  I hope everyone enjoys the photos.




IMG_6725
IMG_6740
IMG_6757
IMG_6772
IMG_6779
IMG_6844
IMG_6935
IMG_6956
IMG_6995
IMG_7126
IMG_7252
IMG_7398
IMG_7714
IMG_7971
IMG_7075
IMG_8256
IMG_8385
IMG_8421
IMG_8526
IMG_8622
IMG_8795
IMG_8960
IMG_9069
IMG_8163
IMG_8121
IMG_8191
IMG_9236
IMG_9240
IMG_9265
IMG_9268
IMG_9321
IMG_9322
IMG_9353
IMG_9392
IMG_9863
IMG_9414
IMG_9566

2 comments:

DeeDee Dallas said...

It doesn't get much better than that, and along side becker! Fantastic. Awesome images Joel.

[ b ] said...

good job bud. i'm looking forward to chatting more about those fusion projects.