About Me

Who is Joel Austell? I was born in 1979 at 10:30 PM with a camera around my neck. Okay, I made that last part up. The truth is, I picked up the camera when I was 9 years old. The first picture I took was of an elephant at the San Diego Zoo. It didn't win any awards but I was hooked. As a teenager I spent all my free time skateboarding. When I wasn't landing tricks I was behind a camera capturing images of my friends trying tricks or taking nasty spills. What do I do for fun these days? I take pictures, of course. My wife is also passionate about photography and we spend many of our date nights looking for new and totally awesome places to take photographs. We never leave our cameras behind. I consider myself incredibly lucky because I am able to do what I love everyday. I never wake up and wish I didn't have to go to work. I love working with people and consider everyone I work with a friend. I owe all my success to God and thank him daily for all my blessings! I am living life and loving it with my beautiful wife and kids by my side. Life is good!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Orange County Wedding Photography - Rancho Las Lomas- Beth + Jon

Beth and Jon's wedding was held at Rancho Las Lomas, a captivating wedding venue located in Silverado Canyon. Surrounding the ceremony site are many exotic animals including white tigers, zebras, and parrots. The decor and floral arrangements designed by Jesi Haack were simply brilliant! The tables at the reception were adorned with tree stumps topped with white and green flowers such as anemones, queen anne's lace, and hydrangea, while the room was illuminated by sweet little twig votives. My favorite detail was the cake which sat picture perfect atop a vintage dresser with mos filled drawers. The food catered by 24 Carrots and the desserts from the sweet and saucy shop were "to die for!" It was evident by all of the little details that a lot of heart and soul went into the planning and design of this wedding and it was an honor to capture each and every one of them.



beth and jon blog-0001
beth and jon blog-0002
beth and jon blog-0003
beth and jon blog-0004
beth and jon blog-0012
beth and jon blog-0011
beth and jon blog-0009
beth and jon blog-0010
beth and jon blog-0030
beth and jon blog-0005
beth and jon blog-0006
beth and jon blog-0007
beth and jon blog-0031
beth and jon blog-0008
beth and jon blog-0017
beth and jon blog-0018
beth and jon blog-0020
beth and jon blog-0019
beth and jon blog-0021
beth and jon blog-0022
beth and jon blog-0023
beth and jon blog-0024
beth and jon blog-0025
beth and jon blog-0015
beth and jon blog-0016
beth and jon blog-0014
beth and jon blog-0013
beth and jon blog-0032
beth and jon blog-0026
beth and jon blog-0027
beth and jon blog-0028
beth and jon blog-0029

3 comments:

Mike and Misty Portland said...

Wow! This wedding looked so cool. I loved the woodsy look and her cake was so cool. You take such great photos Joel. I really enjoyed looking at them.

Unknown said...

Joel! you are amazing! thanks for posting our wedding!

Jaemi Suh said...

Stunning pictures. Captured some great moments. Loving that profile pic of the bride.